Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Friday, June 27, 2008

"Clever" Evaluations

As part of my job for the educational nonprofit, I score evaluations from students that use our services.

Part of the form asks them to indicate their gender and race. Some kids apparently don't know what "Caucasian" means, and write down "White" in the line reserved for "Other." One student emphatically wrote "Indian. We are NOT Asian!"

Some try to be clever and fill in the blank with "Alien-robo-pirate," "Mongo," "Martian" and "Irish Wookie." (Yes, these are real examples I have seen).

One particularly cheeky child wrote this note in the "Additional Comments" section recently:

"My teacher says your materials are ridiculously expensive. Also, we are the fertile minds of your future profits. =) Do you enjoy your job, by the way? Reading evaluations all day. How much do you get paid for it? Call me babe. 1-900-888-6969."

Definitely a fertile mind there.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Always-a-Student said...

This made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home