Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Violent Kickball

I realized my high school peers liked me when they started committing acts of violence in my name.

During a kickball game a player on the other team threw the soccer ball at my legs to tag me out. I lost my balance and fell, but apparently to everyone else it looked like he threw the ball hard enough to knock me down.

Someone shouted, "He hit Snarky!"

He screamed "I didn't hit her that hard!" as an angry mob comprised of people from both my team and his started to chase him across the field.

At first I thought this was hilarious.

Then they caught up with him.

And the kicking started.

I stopped laughing and started yelling "I'm okay! Don't hurt him!" It was in vain. The class had recently taken a difficult calculus exam and they were out for blood.

Eventually they marched the poor boy back to me, covered in grass, and made him apologize.

Weakly, he said, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

Chewing my lip in horror at what had transpired, I said, "I'm okay. Are you all right?"

He gave a half-hearted "yeah" and shuffled away.

I don't think he suffered any permanent damage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home