Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ridiculous Bathroom Part 3

This is the last potty post for now. Part 1. Part 2.

Part 3: The Orphan Toilet

It's not unusual to enter a restaurant bathroom and find a stall-less toilet. That alerts you to the fact that this is a one person bathroom, and you should lock the door behind you.

However, I was once stymied by a bathroom that had two toilets: one within a stall, and one not. Yes, in a multi-toilet bathroom there was one that was not enclosed. Questions raced through my mind.

Was I supposed to heed the call of the orphan toilet and lock the main door behind me, thus rendering the other toilet inaccessible and useless to anyone else? Why bother having a second toilet then?

What if I decided to call this a two person bathroom and use the toilet in the stall? Wouldn't it be terribly weird for someone to come in and realize they couldn't use the orphaned toilet? They'd have to stand there, looking forlornly at the toilet they could not use, while hopping up and down, mentally willing their bladder to control itself.

OMG! What if they were stupid enough to use the orphan toilet (or simply didn't notice me in the stall)? I'd have to yell, "Hey, I'm coming out! Is everything zipped up and buttoned out there?" to avoid seeing something I didn't want to see.

I ended up using the toilet in the stall and locking the main door.

Later my friend suggested the bathroom was designed for people who don't like to go to the bathroom alone.

"Um, like a mother and child?"

"Yeah, they can hold hands."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home