Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Still Melting

I woke up at 2 AM last night and realized I was not sweating, despite the intense heat. I was that dehydrated. I made myself drink 3 glasses of water before trying to go back to sleep. Instead, I kept thinking, "Even if the portable cooling unit worked (which it doesn't), it roars too loudly to allow sweet sweet slumber."

My landlord has yet to call me back regarding my air conditioning situation. When I agreed it was okay for him to buy a new AC system, instead of repairing the old one, I did not mean "Hey, drop a glorified fan at my door and drive off."

The cooling unit and the fans he left for my roommate look new, like he just bought them. I hope he is having trouble obtaining equipment, and bought these for us to use temporarily, out of the goodness of his heart (which I am deeply cynical about). I am paranoid that the actual motive is, "Here's your damn AC. Now shut up."

Dude, at least call me back and tell me if this is your idea of a permanent "fix" or not.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw snap! I would have to hook on the streets and raise $ for a motel room.

2:11 PM  
Blogger SonjaB said...

You might want to check your landlord/tenant laws where you are. Down here in Florida, if the home is considered uninhabitable you do not have to pay the rent until the problem is fixed.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Sonja, but I think here AC is a privilege, not a right. Plus, mercifully this week it's "only" 90 degrees.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Wow, Snark, I'd totally be bumming a couch from a friend with arctic-worthy air conditioning. In two years here where I live, my air has gone out twice, and the office got more of my face than they ever wanted. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, or the cool, cool air!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home