Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Friday, February 01, 2008

Security Tag Panic

My sister bought a suit several days ago because she has a school admissions interview tomorrow morning.

This afternoon, she realized the store clerk forgot to take the giant, 4-inch-long, off-white security tag off the back of the black blazer. Fear set in because as tacky as it is to wear formal clothing with the price tag still on it (for easy returns later), it's much, much worse to go to an interview looking like you stole your outfit, or you're wearing an ankle monitoring device. ("Hire me, I'm a felon.")

My sister asked me to Google "how to remove security tags" as she started pulling at the plastic plugs.

I expected to pull up a lot of "Shoplifting 101" sites, but instead found a number of posts by people that started with "Um, I didn't steal anything, really, but I need to know how to . . ."

When my sister saw there was a second giant tag on the pants a crazy look came into her eyes. She got a screwdriver and a pair of scissors, and asked for pliers.

I talked her out of potentially ruining the suit.

She made it back to the store before it closed and they removed the tags.

After she came home she asked, "Um, there were only 2 tags right?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home