Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, January 07, 2008

Mini Me

The other night I was taken to a party, hosted by a very interesting woman. As the shindig continued on into the wee hours of the morning, the hostess changed into pajamas that were printed with lawn gnomes in red pointy hats.

When I complimented her on the pjs she told me "I have a dwarf that's willing to dress up as a miniature of me, but isn't here tonight."

She looked completely serious and sober as she said this.

I thought her "dwarf" could be a child or pet (but not a doll or some other inanimate object) since "willing to dress up" implies sentience. Later, I remembered Diego Velazquez's "Les Meninas" and realized there's also a possibility she's recreating the old European royal custom of court dwarfs.

Either way, I still don't know if she was joking. She told me enough colorful stories (owning 110 pairs of shoes and being stalked by a foot fetishist, breaking her leg on a dance floor and being envied by a gay man when her paramedic was hot, partying with her retinue of hairdressers, etc.) that I'm not completely convinced having a Mini Me is something she wouldn't do.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Snark, you continue to amaze with all the interesting people you come in contact with. So fun to read about. Although, some I'm not real jealous about.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

I think it's a willingness to talk to strangers that dooms me.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home