Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, May 25, 2009

Freedom

A couple days ago I turned in my thesis, with all the signatures from my committee.

I visited my program director and gave him a copy.

I went to the Registrar and paid to have my diploma mailed.

I turned in my keys and got my deposit back. (The key lady was ecstatic that I brought back the receipts. She said I was the first person to ever do that, and it made her job easier).

I cleaned up my lab space, and threw away unneeded items. I passed things to people who could use them.

I had lunch with my old lab-mates.

I got to ring the special bell in Graduate Studies.

I went home and slept for 11 hours, because for the first time in a long time I did not have a lot of responsibilities the next day.

I am done with my Master's degree. Woohoo!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Congratulations!

Though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Ali! How much longer do you have to finish school?

9:50 AM  
Blogger SonjaB said...

Congratulations. I remember what a great feeling that was.

Now you can start working on the Doctorate. J/K :-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Sonja. Haha, for now I need to start working and stop being broke for a few years, before I think about any more schooling.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

CONGRATS. You've earned it.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Ginger!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

AHHHH!!!

Congratulations!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Rae!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Don't know how much longer - it's mostly as soon as I can get my thesis, and my thesis committee, in line. So, end of summer?

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home