Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Meat Cake

A male friend of mine made me a pie once, which was so awful I had to blog about it.

Recently, he had a birthday party and informed me he was making a "meat cake." I was horrified when I heard this. Given his past history, I imagined a revolting concoction of ground beef, cake batter and frosting.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that he baked a rather good meat loaf in the shape of a cake, and then covered it with mashed potatoes to resemble frosting. The cake was decorated with peas and carrots.

It was rather clever and tasty, and I'm very glad that he is no longer making "magic pie."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

Ha! I'm tempted to go make a "meat pie", now. It sounds like fun!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

I want to make one a meat cake, too!

Or maybe I should have a Sweeney Todd-themed meat pie party.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home