Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Peeing in a Cup

I am very optimistic about starting work soon.

I received a letter saying my background check is complete, and earlier this week I went in for a drug test.

I was still recovering from a cough earlier this month, but as a precaution I stopped taking my cough syrup. I also stopped taking my allergy medication because I was paranoid that I would get false positives from the drug test. (One of my friends had to repeat a urine test and was told "Next time don't take a multivitamin.")

I told my mother to stop feeding me Chinese herbal and nutritional supplements. She agreed, then changed her mind the morning of the test. "Take some of these! They're good for you. They're natural so it's okay." No thanks, Mom. I don't want to explain to my future employer I failed a drug test because I was drinking concoctions with mysterious ingredients.

The day of the drug test I waited for about 1.5 hours. Perhaps this was to ensure I could make sufficient urine for testing but I was ready to go when I arrived. This was very uncomfortable.

When my name was called I ran over and practically snatched the cup from the nurse. She indicated they only need to fill the cup up about a quarter of the way, and that was not a problem for me.

I was told not to flush the toilet until the nurse had finished her inspection. There was also no sink inside the bathroom to wash my hands. I suppose this was to prevent people who smuggle in other urine from flushing/washing evidence away.

As a germaphobe, it took much willpower not to flush the toilet or wash my hands before I gathered up my belongings and handed my cup to the nurse.

Ew.

I'm glad it's over, but it's a very small price to pay if I am employed soon!

My fiance says it makes him so "happy I get to pee in a cup."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger PumpkinNiffler18454 said...

hahahah nice..I had to do one of those tests once as well. Did they also test the temperature immediately afterwards to make sure you didn't sneak someone else's in? blegh...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

I didn't see her check the temperature. I was too busy looking for a sink to wash my hands!

I heard one guy tried to use his girlfriend's pee, and he was caught when "he" tested positive for pregnancy.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home