Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Educational (and Terrifying) Lecture

You must imagine this spoken by my elderly professor, who has a thick Japanese accent:

"Chemical disposal can cost more than the chemical. In the good old days we throw everything in the sewer . . . We cannot use benzene in the lab anymore. Too dangerous. When I was in school, I wash my hands with benzene. It's a good solvent. But, I do not have skin cancer yet, so maybe it's okay."

He also informed us that 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal, which is naturally found in the human body, is produced in increasing amounts with age. "It make the old man smell."

If you found this post hilarious, you must be a chemist.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SonjaB said...

WOW, Your really smart aren't you?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sonja's Mom said...

For nine years I owned a dry cleaning store. I had my hands in Perk (dry cleaning fluid) every day. Back then we didn't know any better. I keep thinking that some day my liver will explode but it hasn't happened yet.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Sonja's Mom, I hope your liver behaves.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home