Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Addiction to Junk

My boss has a habit of buying things from mail-order catalogs because they are cheap, and not because she really needs them. (I've written about some of her previous purchases before).

It's obvious she has a problem because she has the packages and catalogs sent to the office, so her husband won't see them.

Despite a conspiracy to hide the catalogs from her, and telling her she's not "saving" money by spending it on junk, packages still show up. She claims they were "back-ordered."

I decided to look through the last catalog that came in the mail, to see what the allure was. It was filled with "As Seen on TV" kitchen gadgets, and tacky home decor items.

One item in particular caught my eye. It was a Thanksgiving decoration that I showed my boss.

"Geez," I said, "who would buy a giant plush turkey toilet cover?"

My boss looked down. "I have one of those."

She's officially helpless.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home