Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, March 03, 2008

Overheard on the Bus

Overly Excitable Woman: "So I hear you're getting married to Sherri."

Calm Groom: "Yes, we're getting married."

OEW: "Oh my god, that's great! I love Sherri! She's such a sweetheart! You're going to be so happy! Sherri's a great gal! She's wonderful! I love Sherri! Oh my god!"

CG: "Yes, it's the most stress-free relationship I've ever been in."

OEW: "She's great isn't she? I love her! Well, obviously in a less carnal way than you, but yeah! I love Sherri! She's wonderful! It's great you're getting married!"

CG: "Yes."

OEW: "So do you like her kids?"

CG: "I haven't met them yet."

OEW: "What? That's not right."

CG: "Well, they're in L.A."

OEW: "No, they're not. They live with her."

CG: "No, they don't."

(pause)

OEW: "Are we talking about the same Sherri?"

CG: "I don't think so."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

Oh, that is hilarious.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Wow.

I wish there was a way to find out for sure...! How are your investigative skeelz?

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home