Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The House Saga Continues

I left the house on Friday to spend the weekend at my parents' home. When I came back on Monday, both my roommates' bedrooms were empty.

I assumed that they were upset because the landlord is selling the house, and decided to do an emergency move. I wished they told me, but I thought maybe something happened over the weekend. (When I came back I saw that the cheapass landlord had decided to staple down new carpet on the stairs, without ripping out the old carpet, while I was gone).

A little while later, I got a message from the landlord asking, "What's going on? Your roommates moved out and haven't paid the August rent or electric bill?"

I replied that I had no idea they planned to move immediately, and I only found out myself an hour ago. (I'm glad we have separate rental agreements, and I'm not responsible for paying their share if they skip town).

Later that day, Female Roommate called me and explained she and her boyfriend (Male Roommate) had a big fight on Friday and broke up. He started saying vindictive, nasty things about tossing out her belongings.

She did not want to risk him carrying out his threat, and moved all her items to her mother's house while he was at work. He probably came back, saw she was gone and decided, "To hell with it, I'll leave too."

Female Roommate says she paid her August rent, but not the electric bill, because she loaned the boyfriend money.

I'm not sure how much of what she told me is a post-breakup smear campaign, but she told me he has a gambling problem, a drinking problem, and a "woman problem."

(I actually thought this was funny because "woman problem" could have referred to other things besides infidelity).

Holy crap.

It's too quiet in the house for my taste, but I'm glad they're not playing out this drama while still living here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Holy cow, woman, you need to get OUT of there! That place has been nothing but trouble.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Girl, you have had some terrible luck with roommates. I hope you have better luck in the future!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Princess, I'm holding on because I have only a couple more months of school left, and I don't want to sign a year lease somewhere else.

Ginger, thanks. Next time I move it I want to live alone or with someone I know really really well, like a sister.

9:23 PM  
Blogger peecee927 said...

Hang in there better days are coming!!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home