Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Daddy I Want a Solid Gold Pony

My friend's sorority sister got married over a year ago. She planned her wedding, picked out a lavish gown and high-society caterer, then asked her father for $70,000.

He looked at her budget and said, "If you can cut the wedding costs down to $20,000 I will give you $50,000 cash for a down payment for a house."

Instead of considering the offer, or even negotiating for a $35,000 wedding and $35,000 cash, she said, "No Daddy. I want the whole $70,000 for the wedding."

He gave her the money and she had her party.

A year later, older and wiser, she now says, "I should have taken the house money."

You think?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

That is the epitome of dumb-assery.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

$70, 000 for a wedding?!

What the HELL?!

(my plan, if I ever get married: Small get together. No church, but hopefully some institute will rent us their clean room, because that would be heaven. Family, a few friends - 50 people max. But I might cave for a pretty white dress. :P )

10:19 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Ali, even her sorority sisters thought she was a dumbass.

Rae, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan to me!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dim-whit! I'm sure she will have the best decorated trailer in tha park in a few years, though.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home