Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Medical Mystery

I had an appointment today, and I'm starting to think my doctor and her nurse find me weird.

I'm on medication that causes weight gain, but I'm losing weight instead. (I interpreted this to mean I should go out and buy a bag of Kit Kat bars. I'm eating one right now).

After the nurse gave me a shot, she stood there with a band-aid ready, and stared at my arm. A few seconds passed and she started to frown. "Huh, no blood." She then put the band-aid away.

I asked if I could have a band-aid anyway, maybe because I'm a hypochrondriac and I Have a Tiny HOLE in My Arm Now CAN'T YOU SEE!

Actually, no she couldn't. After I came home I pulled the band-aid off to peek at my wound. The prick was about 1 mm away from the edge of the band-aid pad.

Another Kit Kat bar will calm me down.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

It's okay. The nurse at my cardiologist's office freaked a little because I lost "a ton" of weight since I saw them a year ago.

Then she took my height and went, "wow, I must have been on some really bad crack the last time I took your charts!"

Hm. And you're working a specialized ward?!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home