Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, September 08, 2008

Strangest Conversation Ever

At work, I met a man with aphasia due to a stroke. He could understand everything I said, but had incredible difficulty finding the right words to articulate what he wanted to say. I work for an educational group that provides science materials, and he wanted to know where to buy a particular item.

The man spent 10 minutes repeating the words "1951," "girl," "dead," "look at," and "splat." He also drew a picture that I thought was a faucet, but I eventually figured out it was a microscope.

I thought for a long time. Then I asked, "You want to buy HeLa human cancer cells to lyse, and for your students to observe under a microscope?"

"Yeah!" He was euphoric that someone finally understood him.

I'm officially psychic.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

You are a fucking GOD.

^^ this is very impressive

9:49 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Haha. Thanks. I'll try not to use my powers for evil.

That was a lie.

9:58 PM  
Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

You are a fucking God. That is fricking incredible...!!!!!

Girl, Splat Dead

GOD.. I would've thought he needed a shovel + body bag

1:45 PM  
Blogger Revanche said...

That is a ridiculously awesome skill.

But ... "it's fun to use learning for evil." --R. Stevens of DieselSweeties webcomic fame.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home