Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Truffle Fiend

Going home this weekend I discovered my mom had purchased a box of Belgian truffles with cognac.

I ate one with breakfast - yes, candy at breakfast! -- because I wanted a chance to try them before my dad ate them all.

The last time we had truffles my dad went through them like a famine victim.

When my mom discovered they were all gone her reaction went from shock to disappointment to suspicion. "Did you eat them all?" she accused him.

"Did you have any?" he asked carefully.

"I had one."

"Then I didn't eat them all." He laughed.

"You greedy jerk!"

"Hee hee!" He did a victory dance.


This time my mom told him, "If you eat more than 2 pieces a day you will die!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's mine? sniff sniff

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home