Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Alleviating Boredom With a Pickaxe

My father is retired, and understandably bored.

One day he decided our backyard was not flat enough, and he wanted to level it out. As he passed me with a pickaxe I thought, "This can't be good."

My pessimism was validated a little later, when I heard him screaming, "Turn off the water! Turn off the water!"

He had punctured a pipe in the backyard.

The pipe was repaired and we thought he learned his lesson.

We were wrong.

Some time later he decided to level the yard again. My mother admonished, "Remember what happened last time."

He said, "I'm not stupid. I know where the pipes are now!"

A little while later he discovered a new pipe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Hey snark,
Hear ya there! I try to keep my dad busy with tennis. Luckily, he's not so much with the handyman thing. Good luck keeping him out of trouble!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home