Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, June 04, 2007

Don't You Know Who I Am?

My friend worked for a non-profit organization associated with the arts. Donors to the program had perks such as special seating arrangements or theatre tours.

One day my friend received a phone call from Angry Woman. Why she called is irrelevant. The reason why this call is memorable was because Angry Woman was upset my friend did not immediately recognize her name and start fawning over her "importance."

"Don't you know who I am? I am a donor!"

Yes, Angry Woman, the staff is incompetent because they didn't memorize the list of hundreds of donors in the files, and quickly connect a random caller to their position on that list.

Nevertheless, while she was talking to her, my friend looked up Angry Woman's donation history, to ensure she was not offending an important patron of the theatre.

Angry Woman donated $20 a year for the past 3 years.

Some people donate to charity out of generosity or guilt or for the tax breaks. I think Angry Woman donated to feel important.

Sorry lady, $20 does not buy you superiority. Your donation is appreciated, but doesn't give you the right to bully anyone with the war cry of "I am a donor!" and expect you will be remembered.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home