Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Monday, December 29, 2008

Ooh Shiny!

Snark has been neglecting her blog because for the past 9 days she has been busy making phone calls, answering emails, reading Facebook comments, telling and re-telling stories, dodging nosy questions, and in general, letting all her friends and family know that she is engaged.

Yep, after witnessing so many engagements this year that I lost count, I am now one of the girls with a shiny on my finger. It's a funny club to belong to. I've never been a diamond girl, or a sucker for expensive jewelry, but I have to admit, this was the Best Christmas Present Ever.

My boyfriend proposed during dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant next to the ocean. When he got up from his seat I thought he was going to the men's room. He had a lot of liquids that night. My friends joke he was "searching for courage in a bottle" but it was mostly water and coffee.

He crossed over to my side, got down one knee and blurted a little too quickly, "I knew after a month that you were the girl for me and there's probably about a dozen people staring at me right now so please hurry up and say 'yes.'"

There were two thoughts running through my head:
1. "He didn't practice at all, did he?"
2. "Yes!"

There was some clapping in the restaurant. The manager gave us some complimentary champagne and the waiter came by with the dessert cart. My boy and I shared a wonderful chocolate mousse cake, and I was very very happy.

I still am.

Happy new year!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

!!!

My gosh, hon! A million congratulations :) It does sound like the best Christmas present ever!

10:09 PM  
Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How amazing is that? :)

Hah.. *laughing @ him not practicing*

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

6:50 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

That's great. Mundo congrats.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks everyone! You ladies are really sweet.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh! I wasn't expecting that! (And apparently, neither were you???)

Congratulations! What a great way to go in to the new year! So I guess you won't be living with the engineer much longer?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Princess, thanks! My rental agreement is through mid-February.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sonja's Mom said...

Love your blog. Congratulations! Best wishes to you both. After what you have been through with landlord and roommate this year, you deserve the best life can give.

10:46 AM  
Blogger SonjaB said...

Wow Merry Christmas. Congratulations!!!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Thanks Sonja's Mom and SonjaB. Happy new year!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home