Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Show Me the Money

The landlady finally sent me my deposit. I'm going to cash the check tomorrow and hope it doesn't bounce.

It's been like pulling teeth to get this woman to give me what she owes me. I called her the other day and asked, "Why haven't you sent me my deposit yet?"

She claimed to not have my address, which I emailed to her daughter 9 days ago, as she requested.

I reminded her of this fact, and she said her daughter couldn't get the address because "she hadn't been at work because of the holiday."

Your daughter got 9 days off work because of Thanksgiving? You live in a million-dollar house and have no internet access at home? Your daughter makes Facebook status updates through telepathy?

I told her to stop lying. I ran through a string of lies she's told me, as she kept trying to interrupt me with "Excuse me! Excuse me!"

I called her a liar. It felt good. I knew that even if she didn't send me the money right away, I still ruined her day by calling her in the morning. I live close enough to get mail from her in 1-2 days so I said that if she didn't pay up immediately I'd know.

I told her to send a money order and she ended up sending a check, but for now, I have a small victory.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

If you cash the check at her bank, you won't have to worry about it bouncing.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Ali that's a great idea! Now I wish she didn't use some small credit union 60 miles from my house . . .

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Ah, bummer. I was lucky - when I had landlord issues, at least she used a bank in town.

7:43 AM  
Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Let's hope she doesn't cancel the cheque before it cashes LOL!!

What a weirdo.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home