Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Odd Guy Beginnings

I found my current apartment through an online ad, so all my correspondence with my roommate was through email. He had an androgynous name, and advertised "looking for a female roommate," so until I went to see the place, I thought Odd Guy was a girl.

He advertised for a female roommate because the bedroom I'm in is very spacious, and another girl had already agreed to rent the other half. (She later flaked, and he's looking for a replacement, but that's another story).

At that point I was desperate to move that week, and Odd Guy was the only one who was willing to let me stay for a couple months, instead of signing a year-lease. Although I didn't want to live a male roommate, the place was clean and cheap, so I accepted.

This is how I ended up living in half a room, with a guy sleeping in the living room. Can you see now why there are going to be stories?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

You, my friend, are just a weirdo magnet, aren't you?

But, a never-boring weirdo magnet. This should be fun.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Rae // theNotice said...

Wow, you can remove comments!

(Sorry, I noticed a garbage bin and just *had* to do it.)

Anyhow, the comment follows: get a stun gun. :D

http://www.beststungun.com/firestorm-cell-phone-stun-gun.html
Because they're not fun unless people can accidentally stun themselves thinking they're something other than a stun gun!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Ex-Restaurant Manager: I meet a lot of strange people indeed.

Rae: That cell phone stun gun is awesome. I think that should go on my Christmas list.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home