Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cheesecake Wars

Last night I went to a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner party. (I am not Canadian, nor do I live in Canada, but when your Canadian friend says "Turkey, eh?" who am I to say no? Especially when it's fresh turkey, not frozen).

I like bringing desserts to dinner parties, but there is someone else in the circle who makes OMG Fabulous Desserts. Mr. Cook has all potential dessert-bringers intimidated.

However, when the hostess told me Mr. Cook was bringing a "chicken dish," dessert plans were go.

I decided to make pumpkin cheesecake bars. I thought, "No one else will make pumpkin cheesecake." To make them extra special, I even made a gingersnap crust.

At the dinner, I discovered Mr. Cook brought a chicken dish and a dessert.

It was pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. Really.

And it was better than mine.

I can salvage a bit of comfort from the fact that my crust had crushed almonds, and his did not. Plus, tonight I'm bringing pear bread to a party he's not invited to.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I will be happy to take the leftovers off of your hands.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home