Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Transcript Shenanigans

I needed a copy of my undergraduate transcript to mail out with some other documents this weekend. On Monday I requested the transcript from my Old University, and asked for "rush service," which supposedly took one day of processing. The Registrar's city was close enough to my home that mailing should have taken 1-2 days.

On Friday, when it had not arrived, I decided to go in person and pay even more for "same day service," since I needed to mail it Saturday, and would be out of town Monday.

The tricky bit was that the Registrar closed at 4 PM Friday, and until 2:15 PM I still had obligations at New University, which was 1.5 hours away.

Do you see a problem here?

Luckily, The Sister works at Old University. That morning, I told her where to find my undergraduate ID card at my parents' house, and keep it just in case.

There was traffic, and by 3:30 PM that Friday, I knew I wasn't going to make it to Old University before the Registrar closed.

I called The Sister, and told her to impersonate me. I told her the necessary information to fill out the transcript request form, and reminded her how to forge my signature:

"Yes, that letter is looped and connected to the next one. The middle one has a very long downward stroke . . ."

The Sister then ran to the Registrar, gave them the ID and form, avoided eye contact, and was careful not to use the word "I."

As she handed over the ID card, she noticed her own ID card sticking out the top of her wallet, and furtively shoved it in. Later, she told me that if she had been asked about it, she would have claimed it was her staff ID. "You had me thinking like a criminal!"

The Sister Operative got the transcript. When I finally arrived, she pretended to slip it furtively out of her non-existent trenchcoat, and I pretended to slip it into mine. Mission accomplished.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

All that's missing is a lit fuse and the soundtrack to Mission Impossible. Duh...duh, duh, duh...duh, duh, duh, etc.

Great job with the "Plan B".

Keep up the fun posts!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Nicely done! I want a sister who I can perform covert operations with!

...

I don't think I meant it to sound quite that dirty...!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Princess, that's what the Funasaurus is for!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home