Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Internet Returns!

On Wednesday morning I woke up to find my internet was dead. I kept getting "connection refused" and "permission denied" messages, although I was getting a very strong wireless signal.

When I noticed it was the last day of the month I became suspicious about whether my roommate remembered to pay the bill. She was staying at her parents, so I called her that day and left a message.

I called her again Thursday morning when I didn't hear from her, telling her I really needed to use the internet for homework assignments. I talked to my other roommate (who wasn't in charge of the internet bill), who told me, "Gee this has happened before. Remember in March, when our power got turned off, but back on the same day when I called her?" (That was news to me since I wasn't home that day, but it certainly made me even more sure my internet withdrawal was her fault).

My suspicions were confirmed Thursday afternoon the mailman delivered a "PAST DUE" notice from our internet company that said "Your internet is scheduled to be disconnected. Disconnection may have already occurred."

I called my roommate again, with no reply.

Late Thursday night my internet came back on, but automatically disconnected every 2 minutes.

As of Saturday, it's stabilized somewhat, and I get disconnected only every 10-15 minutes. I wonder if this is the company's way of punishing us for late payment.

Oh yes, and my roommate never called back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home