Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Evolution of a Loser

Level 1: Dork
The other night, I walked past a man who exclaimed, "Wow!" as I passed. I ignored him and kept walking.

Level 2: Creep
About 10 minutes later he tracked me down and said, "You are really hot!"

Level 3: Jerk
He also decided it would be a good idea to TOUCH me as he came up behind me. (I cannot fathom why anyone with a reasonable grasp of manners thinks it's okay to touch a stranger without permission).

Level 4: Asshole
I replied to his compliment with a stiff, "Thank you," and returned to my conversation with my friend. He then became offended and said sarcastically, "Sorry for interupting!" (Gee, beg your pardon, sir. I suppose I should have turned into a quivering pile of melting goo once I heard your suave pick up line).

Level 5: Habitual Loser
I then realized he probably misheard me and thought I said something much more vulgar than "Thank you." The fact that he would immediately assume that led me to believe he was used to such a reception.

I can't say I'm surprised.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SonjaB said...

Wow the last stranger who came up behind me a touched me almost got his ass beat. Why do people think that its ok to do that?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Just found your blog- but had to comment because I've had a similar experience.

Except I did not say "thank you." I think I said the less-polite version you mentioned. Seriously, whose mother allowed them to grow up and think that was o.k.?

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home