Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Exhibitionist Neighbors

Dear Neighbor Across the Way,

You may not be aware that because your window directly faces mine, I can see into your bedroom (whether I want to or not). I fully understand that you may enjoy having your windows and blinds open for fresh air and light.

However, I wish to advise you that it may be prudent to seek privacy when your paramour visits you.

I've trained myself not to look in your direction, but I can still HEAR you. Even with my window closed.

The person living directly above me has an even "better" view. Apparently her screaming "That's disgusting!" dissuaded you briefly, but you have since returned to your proclivities.

Oh, and by the way, my roommate is a teaching assistant in your girlfriend's class. Your girlfriend said to her, "Oh you live in the ___ complex? My boyfriend does too. He lives in apartment ___. It's the room on the corner." Now my roommate cannot look at her without imagining the awkward jig the two of you dance in an apartment complex that contains many, many residents.

Please do us all a favor and learn to close your windows and blinds.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Snarky

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

ewwwwwwww

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Maybe some Olympic-style scoring placards followed by applause would give them a hint.

I give your triple salchow a 9.5! USA! USA! USA!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Snark Scribe said...

Haha, I love your suggestion ex-restaurant manager, but my roommate has decided on a different approach: saying to her class, "Geez kids I'm so sorry I'm so out of it. I couldn't sleep last night because my neighbors were so loud . . ."

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home