Snark Scribe

Not all of us can meet people of quality

Friday, July 13, 2007

I Met Dolores Umbridge

This week I met a woman who made me think, "Now that's what Dolores Umbridge should look like!"

Imelda Staunton is an excellent actress and does a good portrayal of Dolores Umbridge in "Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix." She wears garish pink tweed, simpers, and sits in a horrifyingly feline-infested office. However, the book described Umbridge as "toad-like" woman, which is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Imelda Staunton.

The lady I met this week, however, was very much like the mental image of Umbridge I developed when reading the book. She wore bright pink clothing (two days in a row) and had bright pink lipstick. She had a broad, putty-colored face with a very wide, flat mouth. Her forearms were not particularly large, but she had thick upper arms (like a frog). She was about fifty years old, and had short, wavy hair with a wet look. She acted nice but whined in an unpleasantly sweet voice to make people do things for her.

I truly felt she would have made a convincing Umbridge.

Really, I am not trying to slur this woman. I'm just excited to meet someone who resembles a book character in person.

This was the confession of someone who spends too much time thinking about books.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home